Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Secretary for Administration
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Secretary for Administration (CFO/ASA), the Office of the CFO/ASA:
- Oversees the Commerce department’s financial resources, human resources and facilities.
- Establishes and monitors implementation of departmental policies and procedures for administrative functions affecting program operations in Commerce’s operating units. These administrative functions include budget and financial management, human resources management and civil rights, employee safety and health, procurement and small business utilization, grants management, travel and transportation of household goods, real property and facilities management, directives management (Department Organization and Administrative Orders) privacy & open government and security.
- Coordinates implementation of government-wide and departmental management initiatives.
- Manages the department’s headquarters offices located in the Herbert C. Hoover Building in Washington, D.C.
- Office of Acquisition Management
- Office of Facilities and Environmental Quality
- Office of Budget
- Office of Civil Rights
- Office of Financial Management
- Office of Human Resources Management
- Office of Privacy & Open Government
- Office of Security
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
The CFO/ASA's authority is delegated through Department Organization Order 10-5.