Was this page helpful?


If you are late reporting to work and it is not excused, then there are different options that may apply to account for the tardiness:

  • You may, with supervisor approval, make up the time by staying late on the same day (as long as the extension would not result in an entitlement to premium pay)
  • Charging your absence against accrued compensatory time, accrued credit hours, accrued annual leave, or LWOP (each at your request and with supervisor approval)
  • Placing you on AWOL (supervisory directed)

If you are charged with leave or placed in a nonpay status for an unauthorized absence or tardiness, your supervisor may not require or allow you to perform work while you are being charged with leave or are in a nonpay status.